Job Description :
Shop Associate's primary function is to provide exceptional customer service to all customers who visit the shop. This includes answering questions about products, cutting fabric, ringing up sales and keeping the shop fresh and clean at all times. All tasks are focused on providing a positive and memorable experience for all customers
- Greet all customers promptly with a warm and friendly greeting.
- Engage customers in conversation and answer any questions they may have.
- Cut fabric.
- Ring up sales and accept payments.
- Bag up purchases.
- Graciously thank the customer for coming to the shop.
- Complete daily cleaning duties to maintain a clean and fresh appearance in the shop.
- Restock product and rotate product as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY:
- HS Diploma or GED,
- Previous experience in customer service or retail experience strongly desired
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Must be able to work most Saturdays; Shop is closed on most Sundays.
- Must be able to fill in during hops and buses.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with the public.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to be collaborative and work well with a team
- Ability to take initiative, provide solutions, and achieve results.
- This position is primarily standing with walking, bending, stooping, kneeling and reaching.
- Repetitive use of hands and fingers while operating a keyboard
- Lifting to 25 pounds regularly and up to 40 pounds occasionally
- Able to stand for an eight-hour (8-hr) shift